Growatt Inverters Warranty
Growatt Inverters Warranty
- Warranty period
For the Inverter you purchased, you receive a Growatt factory warranty valid for 2 years from the date of installation and no more than two and a half years from the delivery date from Growatt New Energy Co., Ltd
In the 2 years standard factory warranty period, customers are entitled to a replacement of the product when the faulty inverter is inspected and approved by Growatt or Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd
However, Growatt/Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd has no responsibility or liability for compensation for any other damage or loss, to include but not limited to- transportation costs, installation costs, call out costs, engineering service fees, any costs or losses involved in the interruption of generation.
Customers are entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (See below” Major Failures”).
A ‘major failure’ occurs where:
- a) the product acquired by the customer would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully acquainted with the nature and extent of the failure; or
- b) the product departs in one or more significant respects from description or sample if supplied by description or sample; or
- c) the product is substantially unfit for a purpose for which products of the same kind are commonly supplied and they cannot, easily and within a reasonable time, be remedied to make them fit for such a purpose; or
- d) the product is unfit for a disclosed purpose that was made known to Growatt/Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd or a person who made any prior negotiations before the purchase was made and the cannot, easily and within a reasonable time, be remedied to make the product fit for such a purpose; or
- e) the product is not of acceptable quality because it is unsafe.
- Warranty condition
This warranty includes all defects of design, components and manufacturing. The inverter must be connected to the Growatt ShineServer System via Wi-Fi. Excluded from warranty are damages due to:
- Breaking the product seal (opening the casing) without proper approval
- Transport damage
- Incorrect installation or commissioning
- Failure to observe the user manual, the installation guide, and the maintenance regulations
- Unauthorized Modifications, changes, or attempted repairs
- Incorrect use or inappropriate operation
- Insufficient ventilation of the device
- Failure to observe the applicable safety regulations
- Force majeure (e.g., lightning, over voltage, storm, fire)
- Warranty claim
If a device becomes defective during the agreed Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd factory warranty period and provided that it will not be impossible or unreasonable, the device will be, as selected by Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd:
- repaired by Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd, or
- repaired on-site, or
- exchanged for a replacement device of equivalent value according to model and age.
In the latter case, the remainder of the warranty entitlement will be transferred to the replacement device. In this case, you do not receive a new certificate since your entitlement is documented at Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd.
Excessiveness in the meaning above exists in particular if the cost of the measures for Growatt would be unreasonable
- in view of the value that the device would have without the defect,
- taking into account the significance of the defect, and
- after consideration of alternative workaround possibilities that Growatt customers could revert to without significant inconvenience.
- Warranty procedure
Please note customers have full responsibility to fill in warranty claim forms before they send faulty inverters back to Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd. If customers don't fill in warranty claim form according to the following general warranty procedure, Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd has no responsibility for any returned inverter from these customers and Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd are entitled to refuses non-qualified claims. Please provide Growatt ShineServer registration details and Plant number.
Please read the below notes before filling in the Warranty Claim Form
The general warranty service procedure is:
- a) Original customers (end user) can call or e-mail our service centre for general enquiry or inverter failure. Our qualified engineer will guide them try to fix it, or confirm the fault.
- b) Installers attend site. Installers can call our service centre when inspecting & troubleshooting inverter onsite. If possible, our qualified engineer will guide you try a quick fix onsite.
Further care for original customer also can be made if required on phone or via email.
- c) Customers (Here customers include installer, distributor, or even end user) fully complete the Warranty Claim Formonsite before take faulty inverter off wall and un-installing. A form with insufficient or incorrect faulty descriptions will cause rejection, and or delay of replacement release.
- d) Customers must send faulty inverters with original Warranty Claim Formto our service center.
Note: If a replacement unit is required please send the Growatt Warranty Claim Form to us, we may can consider supplying a replacement unit prior to receiving the faulty unit, in such cases we will inspect the unit once it is returned to Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd.
- e) Our qualified repair engineer will inspect & test returned inverters carefully. No fault description or incorrect description will cause tremendous delays. No fault found inverters will return to the original customer with test report.
- f) Generally, we can release replacement inverters in 5 working days. However, we will notify customer of a delay of replacement release if inverters returned with insufficient or incorrect faulty descriptions.
- g) Once the faulty inverter been replaced with a replacement inverter onsite, the “Replacement Information” area on Warranty Claim Formis required to be filled in returned to Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd
- h) Signature and company stamp is required for a valid Warranty Claim Form.
- i) Customers may be required to provide the inverter warranty card, original purchasing & installation invoice, or other related materials. This is also stated on the warranty card that comes with the product. Growatt/ Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd may refuse to service, if the details or documentation required is not provided.
For warranty claim or technical support please contact our service center:
Inverter Warehouse (Pty) Ltd
+27 11 058 1069